This page has moved to a new address.

bees

Damon & Renate's Holiday Cottages: bees

Damon & Renate's Holiday Cottages

Beautiful stone cottages near Oban and on the Isle of Mull

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taynuilt, Argyll, United Kingdom

Friday 25 March 2011

bees

  
One of my 2 hives, with jars of sugar syrup ready. Yumm

I'm so excited. I've been religiously feeding my 2 hives with a jar of sugar solution every week, but I only saw bees in 1 of the hives. I decided to add 2 jars to each hive this week, and this time saw bees in both. Yippee.
I managed to kill off my hives 3 winters ago, and am hoping I'll do better with these 2 colonies that I got last spring. Hoping to keep on top of varroa as well
The top taken off the hive, revealing the
upside down now empty sugar syrup jar

My bees crawling out after I took the jar off.  Next moment
they were all attacking me for opening their home.
I was prepared with full on protective suit though!

This rhododendron normally flowers in January, but always struggles.  it didn't bother to try this year, but is now giving us its full glory while the daffodils are still coming out and the snowdrops are slowly dying off.
The chickens are in the dog house at the moment.  They have been laying eggs in the farmer's barn opposite Barbara's house, so they are kept in their pen till midday when they have all laid again.  To their disgust.
Damon is away sailing to Arisaig with a friend, well motoring really s there's little wind.  I don't know why he put the door of the dishwasher back on so that I couldn't open the dishwasher any more. Was it so I had to wash up by hand? I've taken it off and put it back on myself now!
Renate

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home