This page has moved to a new address.

Damon & Renate's Holiday Cottages

Damon & Renate's Holiday Cottages

Beautiful stone cottages near Oban and on the Isle of Mull

My Photo
Name:
Location: Taynuilt, Argyll, United Kingdom

Sunday 11 January 2009


Here is another internal view of Torr na Locha showing the upstairs rooms after the internal walls were removed.  This space it to become a twin bedroom then a bathroom and stairs coming up from the living room.  At the end is a double bedroom. 
I have been working on converting Etive View into accommodation with period style furniture. Rather than spending money buying new things, I have been buying up bedroom furniture, tables, rugs, lights and fabrics on ebay, and picking them up while I'm out and about for work in the central belt. I've been making curtains for in Etive, with a red fabric and a subtle fleur de lis pattern in the same colour, which will take me quite a bit more time, as I prefer to have pleats at the top rather than gathered up.  I've been sanding and varnishing tables, and I'm trying to buy a tempered glass top for the dining table, as it looks fabulous and want to ensure it doesn't get damaged through wear.
My work with the Carbon Trust has taken a new twist, as I am heading up a team of 8 Consultants to support the procurement and challenge the specification and design of low carbon buildings. The link gives the Scottish Government press release, as at the moment we are their only answer to a poor Audit Scotland report on the state of schools. 
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/news/release/2009/01/05083126   
Renate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home